Welcome to Le Petit Depart
A fabulous cycle event, celebrating it’s 5th Birthday on Sunday 3rd June 2018. It showcases the very best cycling the Yorkshire Dales has to offer and follows much of the Tour de France 2014 Stage 1 route.
Starting from Skipton, Le Petit Depart offers two fantastic routes to cater for all abilities.
Enter now for chance to Win a fabulous Trek Domane AL 2 from the excellent Chevin Cycles.
Available in both a unisex fit (Red) or Ladies fit (Black/Pink). Prize draw will take place at the event so sign up today for your chance to win. Winner will then chose the bike and have it fitted at one of the Chevin Cycles stores.
Entries Close Midnight on Monday 28th May – enter now to secure your ride.
The 80 mile route follows much of the Tour de France stage 1 taking you over 3 climbs and along 6 dales. From the head of Wharfedale the route goes over Kidstones, the first official climb of the 2014 Tour de France. It continues along the Stage 1 route to Hawes, returning to Skipton via the impressive Ribblehead viaduct, the quaint market town of Settle and the lovely Malhamdale.
Enter now for chance to win a pair of stunning Hope 20FIVE Pro4 wheels. Winner drawn on the day of the event for you to take home with you.
The 38 mile route follows the Grand Depart route up and back down the magnificent Upper Wharfedale valley, stretching right up into the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. The route returns via the stunning Bolton Abbey.
“This ride is a regular favourite for our Club rides, it’s relatively flat and takes you up and back one of the most beautiful Yorkshire dales” Skipton Cycling Club Chair.
The event is kindly supported by JACS Trade and DIY who sponsor the event signs, marshal bibs and the JACS Trade and DIY Team Challenge Trophy which is for teams of 5 rider to take part and see who can do the best average speed.
The event starts and finishes at the CRAVEN CATTLE MARTS, Gargrave Road, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 1UD, which we think works pretty well for hosting a sportive!
“I would like to say thanks for organising a brilliant event, in some of the best countryside and scenery in the UK. I’ve cycled in a lot of Sportives and I can honestly say; Le Petite Depart was the best for food stops (pies and bacon rolls wow) organisation and friendly hospitality and even more food at the end.”
- Ensure you register early for this event using the British Cycling event entry system as well as off line team entry system.
- The event is fully insured via the comprehensive British Cycling event insurance (see here).
- Prize drawn for the Chevin Cycles Bike and Hope Wheelset will take place on the day of the event. Only pre-entered riders eligible for this. On the day entries may not be included in the prize draw
- Chip timing, Rider Bike Number, 3 Feedstops, Fully Waymarked, Marshals at key junctions, Full route Medical and Mechanical cover, post ride meal and event T-shirt: super friendly Skipton Cycle Club volunteers 🙂
- You must be 16 or over to ride the Sportive ride and under 18’s on this ride must ride with a parent or guardian.
- Under 16’s are free to enter the 38 Mile recreational ride with their parent or guardian. All under 16’s must have 1 to 1 supervision on the ride and must have successfully completed their Bikeability level 2.
- Early Bird Discount rates offered for all those that sign up in December to Mid January including a special 5th Birthday offer: from £33 for 80 miler and £20 for 38 miler (+£1 British Cycling Admin fee)..
- Standard entry price of £22 for the 38mile ride and £35 for the 80mile ride (+£1 British Cycling Admin fee).
- Team entry also available for 5 riders to challenge themselves for the JACS Team Challenge Trophy – average team speed. Team Entry Form
- The event is not for profit and half of the surplus raised will be used by Skipton Cycling Club to develop and support its new junior cycle section as a Tour de France legacy project. We have raised over £9900 over the past 4years.
- A full rider road book will be sent to you in May. This will give you full details about the event and on the day information. Rider Road Book 2017.
- Physiofusion will be on hand on the day to provide post ride massage and raise funds for local charity. They have also offered a 50% discount on
post event massage / treatment – just take your event number along to claim this.
- Dave Furguson will be driving around the 80mile route to provide mechanical support to riders who need it.
Event Organiser: Bruce Dinsmore Tel 01756706391
PAST RIDER TIMES
2017 Rider Times – New Course Record for Seth Smith and his crew.
2016 Rider Times – fastest rider home was Lisa Dickinson!
Many thanks for looking at our event page & Happy Riding,
Le Petit Depart Team rewarded in Beer from the excellent North Brewing Co