Save the date LPD Sunday 31st May 2020
Welcome to Le Petit Depart –
A fabulous cycle event, which took place on Sunday 2nd June 2019. It showcases the very best cycling the Yorkshire Dales has to offer and follows much of the 2014 Tour de France, some of the Tour de Yorkshire route and the 2019 World Championship road race route.
The final Rider Times can be found here: 2019 Rider Times well done everyone
The Team Challenge Trophy was taken home by Otley CC: well done team.
|JACS Trade and DIY Team Challenge|
|Position||Average Speed KPH||Team Name||No of Riders|
|3||23.09||Skipton Cycling Club||5|
|4||22.86||Ilkley Cycling Club 100 Milers||5|
|9||21.53||Holy Rollers Cycling Club – Bury||5|
|10||21.35||Ilkley Cycling Club 80 Milers||5|
|11||19.42||Ilkley Cycling Club 49 Milers|
|13||18.38||Holmfirth Cycling Club||4|
|15||17.56||Cycle Sport Pendle||4|
|17||11.5||Ilkley Cycling Club 38 Milers||5|
Congratulations to Sara Furguson who won the Hope Wheelset and Congratulations to Janet Yau who won a fabulous Trek Domane AL 2 from the excellent Chevin Cycles in our free bike draw.
Available in both a unisex fit (Red) or Ladies fit (Black/Pink). Prize draw will take place at the event so sign up today for your chance to win. Winner will then chose the bike and have it fitted at one of the Chevin Cycles
This year Sue Ryder Manorlands Hospice is our designated charity and we have raised over £500 from rider donations towards the charity: thank you.
They provide expert palliative care, advice and support for local people who are living with life-limiting conditions, as well as supporting their families. This specialist care and support are free to the users but Manorlands needs to raise £2.1 million per year, to keep this essential provision in our local area.
donate an amount when you enter – chose the £5 charity contribution entry option ;
download the fundraising pack and sponsor forms;
set up a Just Giving webpage and fundraise online:
Starting from Skipton, Le Petit Depart offers Four fantastic routes to cater for all abilities.
The NEW 100 mile Challenge Sportive takes riders around the 80miler route and adds on a lovely finish all the way down Wharfedale past the extra feed at Linton, down to Burnsall, past Bolton Abbey, through Addingham, taking riders up Cringles Climb (part of the 2014 Tour de France stage 2) before descending down into Skipton and to the finish. Cut off at Cracoe (70miles) at 3.30pm so can you make it round in time and complete our challenge route?
The 80 mile Sportive route follows much of the Tour de France stage 1 taking you over 3 climbs and along 6 dales. From the head of Wharfedale the route goes over Kidstones, the first official climb of the 2014 Tour de France. It continues along the Stage 1 route to Hawes, returning to Skipton via the impressive Ribblehead viaduct, the quaint market town of Settle and the lovely Malhamdale.
Enter now for chance to win some great Hope goodies. Winner drawn on the day of the event for you to take home with you.
The NEW 49 mile Scenic Long ride adds on a really magical trip up beyond Kettlewell to Buckden to the foot of Cote du Kidstones followed by a fast run back to Kettlwell and rejoin the 38mile scenic route.
The 38 mile Scenic route follows the Grand Depart route up and back down the magnificent Upper Wharfedale valley, stretching right up into the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. The route returns via the stunning Bolton Abbey.
“This ride is a regular favorite for our Club rides, it’s relatively flat and takes you up and back one of the most beautiful Yorkshire dales” Skipton Cycling Club Chair.
The event includes a Team Challenge Trophy which is for teams of 5 rider to take part and see who can do the best average speed. Download Team Entry 2019
The event starts and finishes at the CRAVEN CATTLE MARTS, Gargrave Road, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 1UD, which we think works pretty well for hosting a sportive! We open up at 7am to park and sign on with the 100milers starting from 7.30am,the 80milers starting from 8am and then the 49 and 38mile riders starting at 9am
“I would like to say thanks for organising a brilliant event, in some of the best countryside and scenery in the UK. I’ve cycled in a lot of Sportives and I can honestly say; Le Petite Depart was the best for food stops (pies and bacon rolls wow) organisation and friendly hospitality and even more food at the end.”
- Ensure you register early for this event using the British Cycling event entry system as well as off line team entry system.
- The event is fully insured via the comprehensive British Cycling event insurance (see here).
- Prize drawn for the Chevin Cycles Bike and Hope Wheelset will take place on the day of the event. Only pre-entered riders eligible for this. On the day entries may not be included in the prize draw
- Chip timing, Rider Bike Number, 3 Feedstops, Fully Waymarked, Marshals at key junctions, Full route Medical and Mechanical cover, post ride meal and event T-shirt: super friendly Skipton Cycle Club volunteers 🙂
- There will be a cut off at Cracoe Village for the 100 miler at approx 3.30pm so the 50 event volunteers don’t miss out post event curry nite out!
- You must be 16 or over to ride the 100 and 80mile Sportive ride and under 18’s on this ride must ride with a parent or guardian.
- Under 16’s are free to enter the 38 Mile Scenic ride with their parent or guardian. All under 16’s must have 1 to 1 supervision on the ride and must have successfully completed their Bikeability level 2.
- Early Bird Discount rates offered for all those that sign up in January £32 for the 100 miler, £30 for 80 miler, £22 for the 49 miler and £20 for 38 miler (+£1 British Cycling Admin fee).
- Standard entry price of £37 for the 100 miler, £35 for the 80 miler, £27 for the 49 miler and £25 for the 38mile.
- Team entry also available for 5 riders to challenge themselves for the JACS Team Challenge Trophy – average team speed. Team Entry 2019
- The event is not for profit and half of the surplus raised will be used by Skipton Cycling Club to develop and support its new junior cycle section as a Tour de France legacy project. We have raised over £12,000 over the past 5years.
- A full rider road book will be sent to you in May. This will give you full details about the event and on the day information. 2018 Rider Road Book
- Dave Furguson will be driving around the 80mile route to provide mechanical support to riders who need it. Mechanical support also at feedstops and at the start.
Event Organiser: Bruce Dinsmore Tel 01756706391
Congratulations to Richard Ashworth who won the Chevin Cycles Trek Domaine AL bike, which will be greatly appreciated after breaking down in last year’s event.
Andrew Richards won the set of 20FIVE HOPE wheels, which should make a great upgrade to your bike.
PAST RIDER TIMES
2018 Rider times below and a new course record with Andy Cunningham from Ilkley CC shaving few more minutes off the record. Well done.
Andy’s super fast ride didn’t help Ilkley CC secure the JACS Trade and DIY Team Challenge Trophy which is for the Team with the best average speed. It was super tight with 4 teams really close and the honors for the 2nd year in a row went to Team JACS. Congratulations to all the teams that took part and we had record entries in this field.
|Position||Team Name||Average Speed||No in Team|
|2||Skipton Cycling Club||26.72||5|
|4||Ilkley Cycling Club||26.39||5|
|6||Oldfield NVA A||22.43||5|
|7||Oldfield NVA 1||22.43||4|
|10||Les Hobbits De Blackshawhead||21.43||5|
|13||Dads n Lads Bronte Tykes||20.76||6|
|15||Team N.E.T. Jr||20.10||5|
|17||Craven Energy – Scenic Team||19.08||3|
|18||chips curry and rice||18.58||3|
|20||Live Laugh Learn Play||16.24||5|
|21||Ilkley Cycling Club – Scenic Team||15.81||5|
|23||Narrogate Hova Wags||13.53||3|
|24||Otley CC – Scenic Team||11.14||5|
2017 Rider Times – New Course Record for Seth Smith and his crew.
2016 Rider Times – fastest rider home was Lisa Dickinson!
Many thanks for looking at our event page & Happy Riding,
Le Petit Depart Team rewarded in Beer from the excellent North Brewing Co